07/09/2014

Skincare Routine

My skincare routine is quite simple but it seems to work pretty well for me! All the products I use are really affordable too :)


I start off by using Garnier's micellar cleansing water to remove my makeup. I always used to use makeup wipes for this step until I found out that they're apparently really drying for your skin. I also found that this cleansing water removes everything so much better and easier!


Then I cleanse my face using the Simple kind to skin cleansing lotion. This isn't really necessary after using the cleansing water but I still prefer to do it.

The toner I use is Lush's tea tree water.  I got this for my birthday a couple of months ago and have been using it daily ever since. Tea tree is antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial so is perfect for both preventing and treating spots. It feels really refreshing and since it is in a spray bottle it is so quick and easy to use.

I follow this with the Simple kind to skin hydrating light moisturiser.  I love Simple products because they don't contain any harsh chemicals or perfumes that are bad for your skin.

I also apply tea tree oil to anywhere it looks like I may need it, because as I said before it is an antiseptic and perfect for preventing/treating spots which we all get!


That is the routine I use morning and night but there are a couple of other products that I occasionally use too. The first is a Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit daily scrub. Using this is supposed to help eliminate blemishes and it also smells amazing!  I also use Soap & Glory's peaches and clean deep purifying cleanser.  I don't use this as often as normal cleanser because it is a deeper cleanse. It smells really good too, as do all Soap & Glory products.


I was recently sent some 'dream dots'* to try and they are so good. They are basically little clear gel-like stickers which you stick on a spot before you go to bed.  Overnight, the centre of the dot should turn white to show you that it has worked and when you removed it your spot should look smaller and much less red!


Finally, ever other week or so I use a Montagne Jeunesse face mask.  They have so many different types from peel offs to clay masks to self heating ones.  They also come in such a wide range of scents, there is one for everybody.  I personally love the chocolate scented ones the most, but as you can see I have quite a collection of others too!


That is everything that I usually use and I would recommend all of it :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great post I'm always super nosey to see what other people use to take care of their skin so this was a little treat! I love that lush toner for when I have a bad breakout...calms everything down :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try that Garnier cleansing water! The bottle looks cute haha xx

    ReplyDelete