11/01/2015

DIY Lipbalm

One of my friends gave me a 'make your own lipbalm kit' from Sweet Cecily's for Christmas which contains everything you need to make 5 little pots of strawberry, mint or unscented lipbalm. I made them the other day and thought I would share how!



The kit contains shea butter, beeswax, almond and calendula oil, cocoa butter and flavouring (my kit contained strawberry flavouring). You also need a bowl, a saucepan of boiling water and something to stir with like a fork or a whisk.


The first thing to do is mix the solid ingredients together (shea butter, beeswax and cocoa butter).


Next, put them in a bowl over water and heat until they are all melted.


Then add the bottle of almond and calendula oil and mix well.


When this has melted in and it is all mixed together, take it off the heat and add the flavouring.


Mix well again and pour it into the tins that come in the set. I did this using a teaspoon because it was easier and it needs to be done quickly as it sets fast!


The kit comes with labels and I really didn't know what to put on mine but this is how they turned out :)


5 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I'm a sucker for lip balms so I think I'll check this out, looks like a lot of fun :)

    | Lizzy Fresh |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I haha, and it's nice to be able to use some that you made yourself :) I definitely recommend them!

      Delete
  2. these are so cute, where do you get them, i want to get a set for my sister for her birthday!

    sophie xx
    http://floralsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them from www.sweetcecilys.com :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the review! So glad you enjoyed using the kit.

    The kits are available from us direct at www.sweetcecilys.com

    Cecily x

    ReplyDelete