20/07/2014

3d mint floral nails

These 3d mint floral nails are inspired by two things.  First are some mint green daisy earrings I have from a local jewellers (Helen West Jewellery) and second is a green/blue floral dress from WalG, both of which I am wearing today :) The nails are super easy to do and I think they look so cute! So if you want to find out how to do them then keep on reading..


First, paint your nails with a clear base coat to protect them.  Then, paint them opaque white.  I used two coats of Barry M's 'Matt White'.


Next, I painted a star shape using Barry M's 'Greenberry' and a dotting tool. My dotting tool is actually a paper embossing thing from the range and was only around £3 for a set of 3 double ended tools.  You could also use a kirby grip / bobby pin, the end of a pen or anything else you have that is the right size! This is probably the hardest bit but it doesn't have to be perfect :) I tried to do one whole flower on each nail (two on each thumb) and then have a few petals around the edges.


When they had dried, I put a dot of clear top coat in the middle of the whole flowers and then used a pointed wooden stick to place a small bead / gem to make the centre of the flowers 3d.


A layer of topcoat to seal on the beads and your nails are finished!


Hope you enjoyed and if you try out the design then feel free to send me a picture of them on Instagram, I would love to see! Thanks for reading :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment