04/03/2014

Dripping paint nail tutorial!

Hi! I posted a photo on Instagram a few days ago and a lot of you asked how I did my nails in it so I thought I would make a tutorial to show you!



This is the finished design, so if you want to know how to do it then keep reading :)


1) Paint your nails with a clear base coat.  This will help to protect your natural nails and prevent staining.  I used Sally Hansen's 'one coat instant strength'.




2) Paint your nails opaque white - or another base colour of your choice, the top colour will stand out more if you use white though.  This usually takes two coats, depending on the polish you use.  I used Maybellines colour show in the shade 'Winter Baby'.



3) Paint 3-4 dots in different places along your nail and connect them with curved lines. You can do this using a dotting tool or nail art pen if you have them and if not then just use a bobby pin dipped in polish or an old liquid eyeliner brush.  Repeat this step on each nail.  I chose to do each nail a different colour but you can choose whatever colours you want :)



4)  Finally, fill in the tips of the nails with the same colour polish that you did the dots in and that's it!  Just complete with a top coat to make the design last longer and you're done :)



I hope you enjoyed this and will maybe try it out! Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi dear, this is a great post and you have a lovely blog, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ahh! Definatley going to try this out! Your blog is so lovely too! :) ☆

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is really effective! :) I love how easy you've made it look!
    Great post lovely!!

    Ellis - Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea - this could be used on Halloween... in red... anyway - I followed you on Bloglovin... I also followed you on google plus... and I added you to my sidebar on my new blog... and I'm leaving you a comment! I will come back and visit again. Hope you will stop by and visit, follow and comment on mine as well! Thanks so much,
    Michelle
    www.chellebellestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this tutorial, so clever and effective!! I don't think my nails are long enough for it to work :/ but could be an incentive to grow them I guess??!! :)

    Thanks for following my blog, have followed you back honey :)

    K xxx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty awesome! I am still working on dotting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely have to try this for my next manicure Monday! So cool!
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely adorable!

    I'm happy I found your blog, I'm loving the posts!

    You can follow me on http://a-la-lisa.blogspot.com (bloglovin' button on page) =)

    ...and also like me on Facebook

    Happy Blogging!

    Peace,
    Lisa Marie
    À La Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try this, I love how it looks :D

    http://www.mabsoph.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete