23/03/2014

Leopard print nail tutorial

I love doing leopard print nails, they're so simple to do and I think they look really nice too so I thought I'd show you how I do them :)


First step is always to apply a base coat to protect your nails and prevent staining.  I used Sally Hansen's 'one coat instant strength'. (Not sure why my hand looks so red in this photo haha)



Next paint your nails gold or another light colour that you would like the base of your leopard print to be.  I used No.7 lasting nail enamel in 'Midas touch'.  Make sure that the colour is opaque, it may take multiple coats.



After this just blob a few dots on your nails using the brush that comes with the nail polish.  They don't have to be perfect circles :)  I tried to make mine look as much like leopard print as possible so I used a dark brown colour for this step but you can use any colour you want.  I used No 7 lasting nail enamel in 'caramelised copper'.


Next, outline each dots with two brackets or 'C' shapes.  It looks best if the two brackets don't meet but it doesn't really matter if they do :)  To do this I used my black 'nails supreme' nail art pen but if you don't have any then you can use a dotting tool, bobby pin or toothpick dipped in polish. 


Using the same nail polish and tool that you used to outline the large dots, paint smaller dots in the gaps. You can do as many or as little as you want until you think it looks good, and remember that these don't have to be perfect circles either! :)


Now all you have to do is finish off with a topcoat to make the design last longer and you're done :)  I hope you enjoyed and that you try it out! Thanks for reading x

4 comments:

  1. these are amazing! i love them! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-7.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks incredible!

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Never knew it could be so easy!

    ReplyDelete