08/03/2014

The Body Shop hair chalk

Hi! I have being doing quite a lot of shopping recently, and on my last trip I picked up this blue hair chalk from The Body Shop.  It is £5 but it is on an introductory offer of buy one get one half price at the minute, and as me and my friend both bought one we only paid £3.75 each.  There are two colours, this blue one and also a pink one.  I found that the pink didn't show up as well on my hair as the blue one which is why I chose to get this one instead :)





I have dyed my hair a lot but recently my school became strict about hair colour and now we are only allowed 'natural' coloured hair.  This obviously rules out blue then haha.  This chalk washes out with just one wash though so it is perfect for weekends as it will be gone by the time school starts again.

To show you how I used it, I straightened my hair and brought a section forward since it is more manageable to work in smaller sections.  It recommends you put a towel around you shoulders too but I skipped that step, oops.



Then all you have to do to use it is place the piece of hair you want to colour between your thumb and the chalk and move the chalk down your hair.




This photo shows how pigmented the chalk is after just one stroke on the hair, it becomes a lot brighter if you repeat the steps multiple times on the same section of hair.



Spray with hairspray and it should last a few hours! Since it is super pigmented, it works on brown hair as well as blonde, I would recommend trying it out in store before you buy it if you have quite dark hair though just to make sure it shows up :)

Thanks for reading! x

3 comments:

  1. I have pretty dark hair so thanks for the tip. I do love the idea of putting some color in my hair from time to time though.
    xx, Michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to try this, blue usually works on dark hair so fingers crossed this will too! :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing! I've been wanting to try Hair Chalk for so long! :)

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete