24/08/2014

Plaited Up-Do Hair Tutorial + Tangle Teezer Review

I have been loving wearing this plaited up-do during the summer. It's perfect for keeping you hair out of your face, especially in the warm weather.  It's really easy to do as well!


First, brush through your hair to make sure there are no knots in it.  I used my 'Salon Elite' tangle teezer which I love. Tangle teezers are perfect for brushing through your hair effortlessly with 0 pain.


Next, split your hair in half and tie one half out of the way.


Then take a small section from the front of your hair and start off a normal braid (left section over the middle one, right section over the middle etc.).  Keep on braiding adding a little more hair to each section every time you cross it over until you have no more hair to add in.


When you get to this point, plait normally until you reach the end of your hair and secure it with a small elastic. Repeat these steps on the other half of your hair that you tied out of the way earlier.  You should end up with two French braids.


Take one of the braids and wrap it around in a circle shape near the bottom of your head.  Secure it with as many bobby pins as you need.  (It doesn't need to look perfect!)


When that is as secure as you want it, wrap the other plait around the outside of the first one. Try and make sure that you cover both the ends of the plaits and that your bobby pins aren't too obvious! If you want to check that it will stay put, shake your head gently and if you feel it moving too much then just add some more pins :)


Spray with hairspray for extra security and you're done! Obviously the size of the finished style will vary depending on how long your hair is.  This hairstyle is good for both casual and more formal occasions, to make it look more casual you could pull out some small pieces of hair to give it a more messy look. You could also add a bow or flower or anything else you like. It would be a nice easy prom hairstyle too if you are planning on doing your own hair for it :)


Now onto the tangle teezers! I have built up quite a collection of them now and a lot of people were asking questions about them last time I posted a photo of some on Instagram so since this post is hair related, I thought it would be a perfect time to do a little review on them.

There are four varieties (and yes I have multiples of them all!) - the original, salon elite, aqua splash and compact styler.

The original is the perfect size and shape to fit comfortable in your hand as you brush your hair and it gets rid of all tangles with literally no pain.  You can also use all tangle teezers on wet hair without causing damage which is amazing. The fact that they glide through your hair so easily means you can also use them when wearing extensions without pulling on them.  The salon elite is slightly bigger and the brush itself is more curved so it sort of matches the curve of your head and brushes it well from the roots. The one I have shown in the picture is part of their 'sugared almonds' range which are pastels and I think are limited edition for the summer.


Then there is the 'aqua splash' range. I always use this in the shower as it's perfect for brushing through your hair when you're conditioning to make sure that the product is evenly distributed.  As you can see, it is also hollow which means you can stand it up and it will drain all the water out of it.


Finally, there are the 'compact stylers'. Before I started using these, I always used to have the problem with things like headphones getting tangled in the bristles of any brushes I had in my bag which is super annoying.  These compact stylers are small enough to take up little room in your bag and they also have a clip-on cover which means the bristles aren't exposed and nothing can get caught in them! I always have one in my bag as they are super handy and just as good at detangling as the larger ones :)


We actually bought my labradoodle his own tangle teezer and it works so well! He looks basically 90% poodle so he has quite thick, curly hair and when we brush him with this it makes him so soft :) He never used to like being brushed with regular dog brushes but he loves being brushed with his tangle teezer haha.


I would definitely recommend getting your hands on a tangle teezer.  Hope you enjoyed this post and will try out the hair style :) x

9 comments:

  1. I would rock this look if my hair could be as long & luscious as yours. I'll reference this look in the future. Meanwhile, keep killing with the do. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plait looks gorgeous, it reminds me of something out of the sound of music! I'll defiantly be trying it out:)
    Fashionablefoodblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) + I hadn't thought of that but it kind of does look like something off the sound of music haha! x

      Delete
  3. wish my hair was long enough to do this style it looks absolutely gorgeous! XX

    unvouged.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would work on shorter hair too just obviously it wouldn't be quite as big as mine haha! Thank you though :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow that is very cool! Your hair is so long... I might have to try one of those tangle teaser things, it looks like something that would work really well on my Grandaughter who is 14 months old. I have your blog on my blog sidebar by the way ;-) Michelle www.chellebellestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That braid hun is insane! I LOVE IT! I'm growing out my hair cause I wanna do more braids with them! Now it's just a lob hair style haha. So glad I clicked on your comment on ATLANTIC PACIFIC's blog and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon. Please check out my newest OOTD post that's guaranteed to provoke, featuring a PETER PILOTTO calf hair runway CORSET worn over a shirt, and knee slit mom jeans with DRIES VAN NOTEN seashell sandals!! I'd love to get your honest opinion on them please. THANKS! <3

    INSTAGRAM: @THE_PROVOKER
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/08/corset-complex.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming!
    হেয়ার স্টাইল

    ReplyDelete