10/08/2014

Summer Essentials

It seems weird to be writing this post on my summer essentials when it has been pouring it down with rain all day, but here goes!


I much prefer body mists/sprays to perfumes in summer, and my all time favourites are the Hollister Body Mists (as you can see, I have quite a few). Solana beach smells the nicest in my opinion, but they all smell lush.


Bikinis are obviously a must have for summer, and I have been loving my Triangl 'Milly' bikini in 'Santa Rosa Splash'. It is neoprene so it fits really well and is such a beautiful colour.


If you don't want to be walking around on the beach in just a bikini, then kimonos are perfect. I have a couple and I wear them when it's too cold for just a top and too warm for a cardi/jumper.  They are good for adding a summery look to an outfit too. I have two that I wear all the time; a neon feather print kimono from Miss Pap and a mint green floral one from Look Book Store.


A few weeks ago, I got a couple of pairs of jelly shoes from a company called 'Jelly Beans'.  I have two pairs, a clear sparkly pair and a leopard print pair.  I haven't worn jelly shoes since I was tiny so these are like a throwback to childhood! They are super comfy and easy to wear with anything in summer.  Plus they came with actual jelly beans so what could be better?


Everyone needs a good pair of sunglasses for summer and my favourites at the minute are these ones from Topshop.


I am usually the palest person ever and this summer I decided to try fake tan.  Up until this year I always thought it would look awful on me but I tried out the started kit from Million Dollar Tan and it went the perfect colour and there was not a single streak.  I will definitely be using it more!


The summer heat can damage your hair, so you should keep it nice and hydrated.  Lani hair oil is amazing for keeping my hair soft and in good condition. If you want to try it out with 15% off then just use the code 'TIERNEY15' :)


I don't tend to read much, but it can be good to have a book to take with you on holiday or to the beach. I loved the book 'The fault in our stars' (I'm pretty sure everyone has read it or seen the movie by now!) so I went and got 'an abundance of Katherine's' 'paper towns' and 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' all by John Green. I haven't read them yet but I've heard good things about them!


Finally, slushy's are my favourite summer drink so I got a slushy maker! It is basically a flexible cup that you freeze and then pour a drink into and squeeze it for about a minute.  It instantly slushifies whatever drink you put in it and I have literally been having at least one a day!


That's it for my summer essentials, hope you enjoyed reading :) x

8 comments:

  1. I love paper towns so much, does the slushy maker actually make good slushies? I've heard that some don't really work that well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does, I have the 'chill factor' one and it makes them like the ones you can buy, it's really good! :) x

      Delete
  2. My brother got that slushy maker and it's awesome, but the drinks are far too small!! :-(
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one problem with it :( I could drink endless slushies though so it's probably a good thing for me haha! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking of getting some jelly shoes but are they comfy because I'm worried how they'd be like? Also love the summer essentials, I read 'The Fault In Our Stars' book sad but really good book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they would be but these ones are actually really comfy!

      Delete
  4. I am in love with theses swimmers super cute!
    http://missknightbeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smell of Hollister sprays is amazing x

    lifeofemilyyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete