03/08/2014

Trip to London + OOTD

On Wednesday I treated my mum to a trip to London for her birthday, including tickets to see Les Miserablés. It was a really lovely day so I thought I'd share it :)



The day started with a long journey, and after we got off the train we did a bit of sightseeing then headed for Oxford Street and Regent Street for shopping.

We mainly went around the shops that we don't have anywhere near us, like American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Michael Kors etc..


For lunch, we stopped at Pret á Manger.  I had a brie and basil baguette and pomegranate and hibiscus iced tea which was delicious!


Then it was time for Les Mis :) I have grown up listening to the original soundrack on vinyl as my mum was always a big fan of musicals and I used to use 'Castle on a cloud' as my audition song! We watched the movie at least 5 times the first week it was out and I am constantly listening to the soundrack on my phone. The show turned out to be as amazing as I thought it was going to be. Peter Lockyer who played Jean Val Jean and David Thaxton as Javert were spectacular and Carrie Hope Fletcher (who is one of the loveliest people I've ever met) was amazing as Eponine! I would definitely recommend anyone going to see it.


I have recently become slightly obsessed with Bubble Tea and we knew there were quite a few shops selling it around London so of course, when we saw some on the way back to the train station we had to get some!  I got iced honeydew green tea with passionfruit popping boba and it was so good.  I'm really glad they put ice in it too as the train back was ridiculously hot!


It has been uncharacteristically roasting in England for the past week or two so I was prepared for the boiling hot weather which we got! I wore my Rock on Ruby 'Away with the fairies...' tee with some denim shorts from New Look and white lace up plimsolls from Primark.


I also used my pink Kipling bag as it weighs practically nothing but is big enough to carry everything I needed plus any extra things that I bought :) For jewellery, I had on my Hamsa Hand necklace from Euphoria creations and silver rope bracelet from RaRa De Barr.


Finally, it was time for the train home.  I found out that I am definitely not a city girl and not someone who is likely to commute regularly but it was a nice day out :)


 Hope you enjoyed this post and I would really recommend going to see Les Mis in London! x

No comments:

Post a Comment